Monday, November 26, 2007

Critical Mass : Celebrating Friends



It is finally available! 10 years of photos of Toronto’s Critical Mass in a book. That is how long I have been photographing CM and you while riding my bike. I have taken those photos, just over 200 of them in colour and b&w, and put them into a 9″ x 7″ softcover book of 224 pages. Follow this link to purchase yours today, http://www.lulu.com/content/1528476 If you place your order before December 4th you should have it by December 24th.

The following people contributed to the book.
Foreword by Derek Chadbourne
Edited by Rick Conroy
Contributions by (in no particular order) Martin Reis, Tammy Thorne, Roger Moore, Henry Martinuk, Tanya Quinn, Chris Carlsson, Jim Swanson, Leanne Eisen, Margaret Hastings-James, Tooker Gomberg, Paul White aka Steeker, Herb Vanden Dool, Jacob Allderdice, Brandon Zagorski

11 comments:

Tino said...

Awesome book!!!1 I cannot say in words how much I love this book!
Easily the best photo book about Critical Mass ever. Period.

brandon said...

many would not believe how much fun we have unless there is picture proof. darren-congrats on this grand achievement....

Anonymous said...

The book is so nice I bought it twice!

Anonymous said...

For those of us who aren't exactly internet savvy, is there a way to buy this in RL?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for including me Darren. I'm honored!

Anonymous said...

...oh and good timing after all - just in time for xmess!

Anonymous said...

Just in time for xmess!!! good timing after all ;)

Tino said...

Hey Darren, how about selling the book at CM????/

Darren said...

Sorry I do not have any copies myself. I have to order anything I need like everyone else. This is the beauty of the system. It prints the books as they are bought. No waste.

Someone offered to put up some money to get it printed in Canada, unfortunately there are no similar services in Canada yet. The lowest Canadian cost I got was just over $100 a book.

The price point turned out pretty well. Similar books half the size on photography sell for $29 to $39. in the stores.

The book was not done to make money, as it stands the markup on each book is only $1.40, but rather for the love of CM.

Anonymous said...

Cool Darren! Rocks!

Steeker said...

this is really cool darren , I am happy you got the book done, I'll get a few copies after I pay my dental bills