Saturday, September 16, 2006

Who will kill more?

It is almost a dead heat, pardon the pun. 48 homicides, 48 people killed by cars. To be techinically correct the score may be 48-47 as one of the traffic deaths listed by police was actually a sudden death, it was a corpse that was repeatedly run over.

So who will kill the most people by Dec. 31, 2006 11:59:59pm?

Anyone want to take bets?

Funny thing is that the politicians make a lot of noise about the homicides but are dead quiet about the traffic fatatlities.

I am going to peg my money on 63 homicides, 69 traffic fatalities.

2 comments:

Tanya said...

I'm putting money on the car. Especially if we don't just look at fatalities but injuries due to the car vs. injuries due to violence.

Anonymous said...

I am hoping to bring this up during the pre-election hullaballoo. The car IS deadlier than the gun in this city.

Thanks for the tally. I don't want to place my bet...yet.