Tuesday, April 11, 2006

She owns a Bicycle Shop, She drives a Hummer

The Hummer Mystique - Photo by Sarah Leen
"This is my everyday vehicle," says this Hummer lover, who puts 40,000 miles (60,000 kilometers) a year on her H1 running errands that include a fast-food stop for lunch near her bicycle shop in an Atlanta, Georgia, suburb.
Two years ago she bought the Hummer as a cool, outdoor come-on for the business. "Everyone's reaction is still, Wow! she says. "A lot of people want to sit in it."

With two small children, she also likes the safety that such a big vehicle offers. The price? $110,000, plus $60 of diesel every three or four day, worth every cent, as far as Linda is concerned. Source

Comments from Bike Lane Diary readers:

8 comments:

Darren J said...

Wow! A bike shop that I don't want to spend any time in! I didn't think it would happen.

Tino said...

No kidding. It's indefensable.

Anonymous said...

so post the name of her bike shop :D so we can say hi :P

Tino said...

I think she's in the US ... not sure of the name ..

Anonymous said...

These Hummer folks are great. They are bringing us closer to the day when there is no more oil!

Evan said...

Martino, I live in Atlanta I'm making it my mission to find and identify and not patronize this bike shop.

Tino said...

Evan. Right on. That comment made my day.
;-)

Anonymous said...

Talk about Hypocrite, jesus christ lady get a fucking clue!

Probley best your in California... hell only in California.
Dont move to Colorado, your kind isnt welcome here!
Your a fucking knack