Thursday, November 23, 2006

Cycle Messenger World Championships 2008

Back in 1995, bike couriers of Toronto hosted about 500 messengers from some 18 countries over three days in the Liberty Village neighbourhood at the 3rd Cycle Messenger World Championships. Since then, the CMWC has been held in places like Barcelona, Budapest, Sydney, San Francisco, NY and DC. In 2008, the XVIth edition of the CMWC returns to Toronto, probably on June 14 and 15, and quite likely on the Toronto Islands. The organizing committee is already looking for submissions for the event logo. If you want more info, email cmwcto@hotmail.com.

(Photo: World Champ 2005 - Simone from Toronto)

4 comments:

Steeker said...

I remember see'ing her around town

Tino said...

Just never try to race her.

Steeker said...

I would race her for coffee and lunch around Center Island as long as I get a head start, also you could alway's wave to her on the road and she would wave back.. sadly that has changed with alot of messengers now aday's

Anonymous said...

Your blog has come up twice in my google to find out more about CMWC 2008, so I thought you would like the email and website that I found for it: http://www.cmwc2008.com
info@cmwc2008.com

I thought this was silly, but if you googel CMWC it is a big event, but can I race?