Sunday, March 22, 2009

Johnny learns to drive

Dad: Danforth is a good street for you to learn how to drive son.
Johnny: Yes, Pa.
D: Ya, when I was a teen we always drove done to the Danforth to show off our... Whoa!... you see that son. That cyclist passed you on the right. He barely had room to pass you. Where is a cop when you need one?
J: Yes, Pa.
D: You are never safe out here from cyclists. They never obey the law.
J: Yes, Pa.
D: Johnny why are you slowing down. I have told you to keep your speed up, I want to get home in time for the curling game on TV.
J: Pa, there is a cyclist ahead of us.
D: So pass him!
J: But Pa, there is not enough room.
D: Pass him!
J: Pa, I am waiting until the lane beside us is clear so I can...
D: Johnny, pass him! Do not worry if you hit him, he cannot hurt you.
J: Pa, you said it was illegal to pass so closely...
D: Johnny, I am GOING TO BEAT your god damned smart ass when we get home. I have driven for over 20 years, I know what I am saying! Now pass him! The law does not apply to cyclists!

No comments: